Part-Time Sales Associate Position - Closed
Sales Associates are responsible for representing the Spruce Park Ranch brand and providing our customers with the best shopping experience possible. Positions include offering friendly service and product knowledge to help our customers create a home they love. We also provide a modest coffee area serving beverages and locally-made baked goods.
Our store is open 5 days a week: Wednesday through Sunday. We are looking for candidates who can work 1-2 days per week throughout the year plus additional shifts especially during peak season and vacation/shift coverage (weekdays or weekends). Peak season is late August through early December. Must be available during the day weekdays and occasional weekends. Our store is not open in the evenings.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Over 18 years of age
- Friendly, self-motivated, and vibrant
- Respectful and customer-focused
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Loves home décor
- An asset is having merchandising or set up experience (not required)
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Experience in retail preferred but not required.
- A talent for establishing rapport with customers and offering exceptional service.
- Proficient on POS systems or willingness to learn. iPad and PC computer knowledge valued.
- Availability to work one to two weekdays per week and/or some weekends throughout the year.
- Availability to work additional shifts during peak season.
- Ability to lift/move stock weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Organizational skills
- Greet customers and make them feel at home.
- Answer any questions the customers may have (training will be provided).
- Assist Customers in preparing their orders at check out.
- Clean work area as needed to maintain a tidy work environment.
- Light barista duties (training will be provided).
- Daily cleanup, restocking, and tidying of the store.
- Pricing product if required.
- Help with displays or stocking of shelves.
Why Join Spruce Park Ranch
- Health Spending Account after 6 months employment.
- Work for a proudly family-operated company in business for 25 years.
- Employee discount.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Work in a fun environment with a fantastic team that loves to design and getting creative.
- Enjoy being located in a rural environment on a centennial, heritage farm operating over 115 years!
- Starting wage: $15/hour
We are looking forward to reading your application. Please email your application and resume or drop off in person (preferred). Please note there is no public transportation to our location.